Date posted: 11th Jun 2019
Tees Valley SMEs could benefit from up to 7 days of fully funded technical support from The Welding Institute’s newly launched Materials Integrity Technology Transfer (MITT) project. The project aims to enable SMEs in the region to grow by overcoming technical challenges.
The TWI offer includes:
- Up to seven days of free TWI assistance per company
- Advice and guidance in TWI technologies: welding and fabrication (including welding procedures), coatings, NDT, inspection, cutting, quality, Health & Safety, certification and more
- Practical, direct support provided by experienced and qualified industrial specialists drawn from TWI’s team of experts
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be within the local authority areas of Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton or Redcar & Cleveland
- Be an SME – you must employ fewer than 250 people and turnover less than €50m per year
- Be undertaking activities in the engineering and manufacturing sectors
Projects may include:
- Troubleshooting technical challenges
- Productivity improvements and cost reduction
- Support with quality management and certification
- Exploring new materials and processes
- Supply chain development
How we can help:
If you are considering engaging in the programme then the chances are you are undertaking activities which will qualify for potentially significant R&D tax credits. We can help you unlock the significant tax benefits which these tax credits can deliver.
Talk to our tax team for more information.