Date posted: 3rd Mar 2020
If you are looking for tax efficient investment opportunities, have you considered the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)? These investments in certain qualifying companies allow you to set off 30% of the amount invested against your tax bill as well as the ability to defer capital gains tax (CGT) until the shares are sold.
An even more generous tax break is available for tax efficient investment in a qualifying Seed EIS company where income tax relief at 50 percent is available and in addition, it is possible to obtain relief against your 2019/20 capital gains. Shares in EIS and Seed EIS companies are risky investments and you should seek specialist advice before investing.
30% income tax relief is also available by investing in a Venture Capital Trust or by investing in a qualifying Social Enterprise.
If any of the updates in this article raise any issues for you or your business, please contact our Tax team here or call us on 01325 349700.
Read more below:
- Tax planning a new year priority says Darlington tax expert
- Tees Valley tax expert warns of imminent changes to tax reporting requirements
Read more March 2020 tax news below:
- The employment allowance – new rules
- Yet another chancellor – Big changes in the Budget?
- Inheritance tax in the spotlight
- Will pension tax relief change on the budget?
- Buy new equipment before 6th april
- Don’t lose your personal allowance!
- Year-end tax planning – CGT, ISA’s and pension planning