Date posted: 5th Mar 2021
One of the keywords that you will see on virtually every accountant’s website is the word proactive.
The Oxford dictionary refers to the term as “creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it.”
But what does it mean? Does it mean all accountants are the same?
Unfortunately, in our opinion, the answer is no. Proactive is becoming an overused word as many accountants believe it sounds positive to their clients and prospective clients but we wonder how many are delivering a proactive service?
Our team do deliver a proactive service. Of course, you are probably thinking “you would say that” – well let us back up our words by offering you a free meeting at a time and place suitable to you, to see how we can save you and your business time and money.
Some of the ways that we are helping our clients at the moment include:
- Research and development tax relief claims – many companies (and their accountants!) are unaware of this relief or believe it applies to those companies working on the latest wonder drug or vaccine. We have submitted many claims for companies working in fields such as manufacturing, technology, recycling and much more. Don’t dismiss a claim without speaking to us.
- Grant funding – again many companies dismiss the idea that they may qualify for support. Whether the business is looking to expand or perhaps take on new employees, there may be some grants available.
- Corporate Finance – if you are considering investment to take your business to the next level, then our corporate finance team can help. The team work with all of the main high street lenders as well as second tier lenders as well as businesses and high net worth individuals looking to invest in a growing company. In addition, if you are looking to acquire a business with synergies to your own or looking to exit, the corporate finance team are highly experienced at advising upon such matters.
- Managed Services – many entrepreneurs spend time working for the business rather than on the business. Our managed services team take away the stresses of payroll, bookkeeping, management accounts, cashflow forecasts, VAT returns and furlough claims and allow you to work on developing your business and achieving your aims.
- Tax planning – are you aware that pension tax relief is likely to be cut in the upcoming budget? Are you aware of the recent changes to mortgage interest relief and what you can do to save tax? Are you aware of your inheritance tax liability? Could tax be a block on succession planning if the company has significant investment assets on the balance sheet? Is your business structure correctly aligned with your commercial aims? Could you retain staff by offering a share incentive scheme? Our tax team consider these issues for clients on a daily basis.
There are many ways to save time, money and tax and one of these is by employing a good accountant who can foresee future issues and adapt quickly to new changes in legislation.
If you wish to speak to one of our team, then contact us at https://www.cliveowen.com/contact-us/