We are recruiting for the following position for our York office.
Type: Full Time/Permanent
The role involves carrying out audit engagements and reviewing accounts and smaller audit assignments for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders. The successful candidate will work with clients from a variety of sectors including education, retail, manufacturing, charity and solicitors. The role requires attendance at clients’ sites across Yorkshire, COVID restrictions permitting.
The key duties of the role are:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of accounts and audits
- Working closely with partners & senior staff to ensure clients’ needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax computations and to undertake accounts preparation and reviews as required
- Provide routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
- Ensure that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Ensure accounts and audit assignments are progressed and completed within both time and financial budgets
- Provide supervision and support to junior team members
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified
- Have recent relevant experience of owner-managed small to medium business accounts preparation including statutory financial statements
- Have audit experience
- Be able to demonstrate a general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit and tax
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc. would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. We offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care and various health and wellbeing initiatives. We also offer the ability to accrue TOIL and we pay for professional subscriptions.