A key requirement of many grant schemes is independent appraisal or due diligence prior to contracting. We have extensive experience in delivering appraisal and due diligence reports in support of grant applications.
Our problem-solving approach is appreciated by both clients and funding administrators alike. Our State Aid expertise allows us to advise on the most suitable aid measures to ensure that the proposed grant offer can be delivered in the most effective manner possible.
We work alongside both private and public sector grant administering bodies, providing consultancy throughout the application process. In addition to delivering a comprehensive due diligence report, our support also includes:
- Attending initial meetings with potential applicants to assist with forming a proposal for a state aid compliant grant case
- Reviewing initial application documents to advise on areas where further information or investigation is required
- Producing documentation for review by key decision makers, including office holders and investment panel members
- Providing robust recommendations to support the grant awarding decision making process
- Suggesting appropriate conditions for contracting to protect the grant fund manager against project specific risks
We have worked on over 70 due diligence and appraisal assignments over the past 6 years covering various grant funding schemes. We are currently the appraisal partner for the Let’s Grow North and East Yorkshire grant fund and are retained by several local enterprise partnerships to provide due diligence support.
What does this mean to you?
- Peace of mind. Our appraisal and due diligence reports are recognised for their quality by local grant scheme providers and historically we were also a BEIS approved due diligence provider for Regional Growth Fund applicants, one of the largest capital grant programmes ever delivered in the UK
- Maximised grant potential. Our expertise in relation to state aid rules allows us to present recommendations which can maximise the level of support available to a project
- Robust and accurate grant offer letters. We will present recommendations in relation to all of the key terms and conditions for inclusion in your grant offer letter
- Smooth ongoing claims and monitoring. We will ensure that all potential claims and monitoring issues are drawn to your attention and provide actionable recommendations to ensure these issues can be addressed and managed throughout the monitoring period